Interaction Designer | SonicWall
Santa Clara, CA, March 2017 - November 2017
- Conducted user research, created mockups, flows, and visual design assets as part of a complete overhaul of the MySonicWall experience, including the new dashboard, authentication, and download center.
- Worked in a closely collaborative team between design and development to implement, test, and revise several smaller products.
Interaction Designer | Samsung Research America CX Lab
Mountain View, CA, October 2016 - January 2017
- Worked on the Family Hub Smart Fridge 2.0 design refresh, unveiled at CES 2017.
- Completed detailed system flows and interactions for the Out of Box Experience (OOBE), post-OOBE tutorial, settings, accessibility, native and 3rd party apps.
- Collaborated closely with engineering, visual design, product management, and research to quickly incorporate feedback in an active agile process.
Interaction Designer | Ford Motor Company
Palo Alto, CA, August 2015 - June 2016
- Created design artifacts for desirability testing, as well as information architecture and basic wireframes for proposed mobility projects.
- Worked with design researchers to address any UX or research needs for teams throughout the lab.
- Championed the necessity of UX research throughout the process, which resulted in more projects in the lab becoming user-centered.
- Completed large scale landscape analyses for various domains, and worked with teams to generate and capture IP in opportunity areas.
UX/UI Designer | Various Inc.
Sunnyvale, CA, May 2015 - June 2015
- Worked as part of the design team to provide wireframes, flow diagrams, visual and interaction design to a host of live and in development web and mobile products for a social networking site.
Interaction Designer | Vertical Product Development (VPD)
Oakland CA, December 2014 - May 2015
- Created the information architecture and wireframes based on a requirements document provided by the US Veterans Affairs for a mobile app (iOS and Android) for post traumatic stress (PTSD), paying special attention to accessibility.
Junior Designer & QA Analyst | Subatomic Systems
San Francisco, CA, July 2014 - December 2014
- Generated basic interaction design and conducted rigorous usability testing and issue tracking for a web-based publishing tool designed to create rich interactive eCommerce experiences meant to be viewed on iOS, Android and Web.
User Research Intern | Intel
Hillsboro, OR, June 2013 - August 2013
- Designed a participatory study on the acceptability of voice interactions in mobile and voice-only contexts.
- Recruited 11 internal employee participants and carried out pre- and post-study interviews, as well as created a repeatable mixed diary study / survey, and participated in the study using breaching techniques.
- Analyzed data and documented results for internal presentation.
Associate Instructor - Python | Indiana University
Bloomington, IN, January 2013 – May 2014
- Managed a programming lab for Python students, and assisted the professor in improving the instructional design for the course.
Staff Math Tutor | Indiana University
Bloomington, IN, August 2012 – May 2014
- Tutored math to groups ranging between 5-20 students a session in individual and small group formats.
Executive Studio Assistant | Foothill College
Los Altos, CA, October 2010 – August 2016
- Supported hundreds of students through managing course material, instructional design, and database management for an online music tech program.
- Supervised junior engineers in proper studio techniques and etiquette.
SAT Instructor | Kaplan Test Preparation
San Jose, CA, January 2012 – August 2012
- Taught course materials and proctored SAT exams as a certified SAT instructor for classes of 10-15 students.
Private Tutor | Study Wizards Tutoring and Freelance
Bay Area, CA and Bloomington, IN, March 2009 – May 2014
- Created lesson plans and tracked long-term progress for students.
- Tutored students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds in a variety of subjects.
- Taught students test preparation and study skills for effectively completing homework and exams.
Winner, Microsoft Imagine Cup UX Challenge – A design for a competition for world citizens, Emergency Operating System or "EOS" was a proposed disaster relief smartphone app which lets you seek help and key resources like shelter, power and communication signals.
Winner, Whirlpool Design Challenge – “Rethinking the Kitchen” was a proposed system to address the changing needs in kitchen spaces using sharable, energy-efficient and modular units such as refrigerators and ovens and ultimately extending such thinking to other parts of the house.
MS Human-Computer Interaction
May 2014 — Bloomington, IN
AA Music Technology & AS Software Development
August 2011 — Los Altos, CA
BA Music & BA Economics
University of California Berkeley
August 2008 — Berkeley, CA
UX and Research
Adobe Creative Suite
(InDesign, Photoshop, XD)
Microsoft Office Suite
Windows, OS X, Unix
Visual Basic, C++, Java
Final Cut Pro
Pro Tools Operator Music
Kaplan SAT instructor